Goodbye to the Architect of Dreams!

Posted by Dan Monday, November 27, 2006






Dave Cockrum was the chief architect in a microcosm of dreams set to four color harmony. His comics covers were bar-none the coolest around, and he had the distinction of being the only artist to ever sell me on an issue of Rawhide Kid (issue 151 still got it.) In his lifetime he designed some of the coolest costumes and drew some of the most fantastic comics stories I'd ever read. He was always one of my favorite artists, and one of the nicest guys on the planet to talk to at convention. Goodbye Dave, you will be sorely missed.

Dave Cockrum


November 11, 1943 — November 26, 2006

2 comments

  1. Miranda Says:
  2. Well, I don't know much about comics, but I do like how powerful those waves look on the last one! Sorry to see sommeone so talented go.

     
  3. Unknown Says:
  4. nice :)
    OBAT GERD
    OBAT ITP
    OBAT MIOM AMPUH
    SUPLEMEN UNTUK MATA
    OBAT KONDILOMA
    PENGOBATAN HERBAL ALAMI
    OBAT ALAMI TERBAIK
    OBAT HERBAL KISTA
    OBAT KANKER SERVIKS
    OBAT KEPUTIHAN
    OBAT ANAK HERBAL

     

About Me

My Photo
Dan
Im an essayist, critic, online blogger, short story writer and to borrow a descriptor from Peter David, "Writer of stuff." I love all things pop culture related: Music, Movies, Comics, Books, Politics... if you can label it I probably have an opinion about it, and I love to argue. All informed opinions are welcome here.
View my complete profile
Blogumulus by Roy Tanck and Amanda FazaniInstalled by CahayaBiru.com

Label Category

Followers