Coolest Toys on the Planet Part 1

Posted by Dan Tuesday, October 17, 2006
It's part one, because there are definitely more of these posts to come. I've been focusing a lot on comics lately, and I figured I'd break it up a bit. Besides this is an easy type of post to do, and I feel more like a real blogger when I post more frequently, sooo....

I have an absolutely massive toy collection that is currently residing in our storage while we (that is my wife and I) get our shit together enough to find a place to live that doesn't involve packing us and our six cats into my parents' back bedroom. I've been collecting toys for as long as I can remember (at least as long as comics) and I just love 'em. This series of posts will cover some of the neatest, coolest, most unusual toys I've run across in my travels, and where to get them.

First up is the flat out best idea for a line of plush toys I've ever seen. The toys are from a company called Giant Microbes . You can still purchase these babies directly from the source, or from Think Geek which is a very cool online website, as well as the place from which all these images were kiped. Hopefully these guys will be around for a long time to come, and considering their source material, they could potentially have a larger variety of critters than TY.


The Pox/Syphillis (Treponema pallidum)



Mad Cow Disease(Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy)



Acne/Pimple (Propionibacterium acnes)



Common Cold (Rhinovirus)



Ebola(Ebola Virus) AKA: The T-Rex of microbes.



The Clap/Gonorrhea (Neisseria gonorrhoeae)



H.I.V.(Human Immunodeficiency Virus)



E. Coli(Escherichia coli)

Unfortunately, does not come pre-wrapped in its very own spinach leaf.


There's lots more available. Check out the web sites I mentioned for the full line. Each microbe comes with its own little info card that shows you a picture of the actual microbe, and gives you all sorts of fun facts about it. These definitely qualify as some of the coolest toys on the planet.

6 comments

  1. J Chon Says:
  2. "Daddy! But me that!"

    "I already gave you that for your birthday."

    "No, you gave me Syphillis for my birthday! This is HIV! I want HIV now, Daddy!"

    ...I'm sorry. I couldn' resist.

     
  3. Unknown Says:
  4. Damn, all I got for Christmas was a Propionibacterium acnes.

     
  5. J Chon Says:
  6. ...And you thought Pokemon was an epidemic.

    ba-dum-bump!

     
  7. Laura Says:
  8. We have the common cold, the ulcer and one other, I think the Mars bacteria. I love these things. Who thought deadly diseases could be so cuddly?

     
  9. Shawn Says:
  10. Oh man...that is so awesome! I'm going to do some xmas shopping...these things are still cracking me up. Now I just have to figure out who I want to infect with their plush goodness.

     
  11. Nytefytr Says:
  12. Oh gee, my very own virus...what, no petri dish?

     

About Me

My Photo
Dan
Im an essayist, critic, online blogger, short story writer and to borrow a descriptor from Peter David, "Writer of stuff." I love all things pop culture related: Music, Movies, Comics, Books, Politics... if you can label it I probably have an opinion about it, and I love to argue. All informed opinions are welcome here.
View my complete profile
Blogumulus by Roy Tanck and Amanda FazaniInstalled by CahayaBiru.com

Label Category

Followers