Interim Memo: The Lawlor Update

Posted by Dan Tuesday, June 27, 2006
No joke, time goes by and people continue to do stuff even when you aren't constantly checking up on them. The review of Raven's Children was written several years ago, and in preparation for revising it, I did some checking up on Ms. Lawlor. She has in the intervening years literally exploded onto the internet, publishing work for Girlamatic and putting up her long running science fiction epic Kismet, as well as several other works in progress at Layla's Website. Layla also has her own Livejournal wherein I see that she laments the fact that people still hold up her Raven's Children work as representative of the skills she has now. Sheesh, she's also moved to Alaska.

Anyway, I want to go on record here by reiterating what I had originally surmised three years ago when I originally wrote this review. Layla Lawlor's writing and Artistic skills will only get better with time. Well folks, go check out her stuff. I wasn't wrong. A quick tour through the Kismet stories is like watching a timeline of artistic progression. She's better now than she ever was. Doesn't mean I love Raven's Children any less, just means she's growing. By the way, while you're over at Layla Lawlor.com, stop by the Raven's Children website, and order the second graphic novel, and what looks to be the conclusion to the Raven's Children storyline.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

1 Responses to Interim Memo: The Lawlor Update

  1. Unknown Says:
  2. Happy 4th of July, Baby!

     

About Me

My Photo
Dan
Im an essayist, critic, online blogger, short story writer and to borrow a descriptor from Peter David, "Writer of stuff." I love all things pop culture related: Music, Movies, Comics, Books, Politics... if you can label it I probably have an opinion about it, and I love to argue. All informed opinions are welcome here.
View my complete profile
Blogumulus by Roy Tanck and Amanda FazaniInstalled by CahayaBiru.com

Label Category

Followers